- 16 ounces Dry Spaghetti
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Green Pepper, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Season Salt
- 4 ounces Sliced Mushrooms, (canned), drained
- 1 14.5 ounce can Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 24 ounce jar Spaghetti Sauce, (see notes)
- 2 large Eggs, well beaten
- 1/3 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided (8 ounces)
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese, (4 ounces)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease 13x9 baking dish with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Cook and drain the spaghetti according to the package instructions for al dente. While the water is boiling for the spaghetti, prepare the sauce.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef, onion, bell pepper and garlic until the beef is browned and the vegetables are softened, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, tomatoes, spaghetti sauce and seasoning salt. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Add drained pasta, beaten eggs and parmesan cheese, stirring to combine.
- Add half the spaghetti mixture to baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup shredded mozzarella. Top with remaining half of spaghetti, remaining cup of mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing to serve.
- You can substitute tomato sauce for the spaghetti sauce. Add 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning or season to your taste.