Dont we know all too well things get totally nutsaround the holidays. Today, Im offering sanity. It comes in the form ofa crockpot. And a lasagna. A warm, hearty, stick to your ribs meal doesnt get much better, or much easier than this.
Lets Get Crockin Around The Christmas Tree yall!
12 Layer Crockpot Lasagna
- 4 Cups Marinara Sauce
- 9 Lasagna Noodles
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups diced vegetables of your choice; I used spinach, onions, peppers and mushrooms.
- 8 oz. ground sirloin, cooked
- 8 oz. Italian Sausage, cooked
- 12 oz. fresh Mozzarella
- 1 cup Italian blend grated cheese
- Fresh Basil and Oregano
- 1/2 Parmesan cheese
- Layer of 1 cup plain marinara sauce, no meat added in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Add one layer of uncookedlasagnanoodles.
- Add one layer of ricotta cheese. Theres a great recipe for homemade ricotta here.
- Add one layer of veggies. I used spinach, diced onions, diced bellpeppers and mushrooms.
- Add one layer of meat sauce. Just add theItalian Sausage and ground sirlointo the remaining marinara.
- Add one layer of fresh sliced Mozzarella.
- Repeat layers until the pot is full.
- Coverthe lasagnawith 1 cup of Italian blend grated cheese.
- Sprinkle with choppedBasil,Oregano, and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook on low 4-5 hours. Any longer may result in overcooked noodles.
Sanity Restored :)
Yall, life is too short to eat ugly food.