Hey all! This garlic bread recipe is a fan favorite in my house, and I hope your family enjoys it just as much.
- 2 cups very warm water
- 1 packet yeast or 2 1/4 tsp dry active yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3-4 cups of flour
Making the dough
- Stir together the yeast, sugar, and water in a mixing bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 425 and set the yeast mixture on the stove and let rise while the oven preheats
- After the mixture has risen, stir in the salt and seasonings, then add the flour a half-cup at a time, until the dough becomes soft, but not sticky.
- Knead the dough until elastic.
- Cut the dough into four even pieces. Roll each of them into four long, thin ropes.
- Twist together two of the ropes to form one loaf. Twist the other two ropes together to form a second loaf.
- Transfer both onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Let rise for 15 minutes
Cooking the bread
- Place the bread in the preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes
- You can put a cup of ice in the bottom of your stove and it helps crispy the bread if you want it extra crispy but this is optional
- note that if you do this don’t open the stove for at least 15 minutes because the steam can burn you
- Remove the bread from the oven and let rest
- Once it’s cooled enough, slice the bread in half to make 4 long pieces
- Spread your garlic butter mixture evenly over the 4 slices
- Bake at 425 until golden brown and crispy. I like to broil mine for the last few minutes
Making the garlic butter mixture
- Put a stick and a half of butter in a bowl and microwave until half melted
- Mix in Italian seasoning, oregano, garlic, and parsley into the melted butter until combined
And there you have it! Delicious garlic bread and it really doesn’t take that long! You can stop before you apply the garlic bread and just enjoy crunchy bread and it would be delicious as well. I sometimes add seasoning to my dough too! I also sprinkled a little cheese on the bread and that was delicious 😋
Until next time,