Ever since I was a kid, sweets have been my absolute weakness. I grew up in a dessert family, and my family runs an Italian pastry shoppe that my mom still works at today! I always considered myself their test taster because I would go stop-in to say “hello” when my nonnie would watch me and brother, and I would want to try every single cookie and pastry within eyesight.
One thing the pastry shoppe did not have was brownies. Brownies to me are a dessert that pairs perfectly with any meal.
Brownies are my boyfriend’s favorite dessert; he practically begs me to make them at least once a month because he cannot get enough of them. This has allowed me to expert with my brownie recipe and perfect it!
With certain ingredients (salt, sugar, and cocoa powder) I prefer to eyeball because, well, I don’t know why. I guess it’s my element of “surprise.” Personally, I love vanilla and I believe the more the merrier. Feel free to use more or less than what is listed in this recipe!
Below, I have for you my infamous brownies that my boyfriend, family, and friends drool over!
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp. Of vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. Of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. Of salt
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/3 of unsweetened cocoa
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
Optional: 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, walnuts, or both!
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease pan with your choice of baking spray or line with two sheets of parchment paper to make clean up a breeze!
2. In a large bowl, mix together sugar and oil. Once mixed, slowly beat the eggs into the large bowl. Then, add the vanilla.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa. Slowly mix this into the egg mixture above until fully combined. Fold in your optional ingredients.
4. Pour mixture into your greased pan and bake for 15-20 minutes. You can also stick a toothpick in the middle- if it comes out clear, this means it has fully baked and is safe to take out of the oven. Let the brownies cool in the plan for roughly 10 minutes to allow them to settle.