I have a confession, I thought I didn’t like eggplant… until I messed around with this recipe. Seriously though, I don’t know why I was so scared but turns out it’s so good when you add some sauce. This recipe is super simple and easy, just the way I like it. Making meal planning and prepping less of a chore. I cook it on Sunday and I have it for lunch during the week (one eggplant usually lasts about 2-3 days for me).
The Main Ingredients:
- Eggplant (duh)
- Canned Tomato sauce or Tomato pesto (both taste good so choose based on your mood)
- Canned Diced Tomatoes (optional but I love the texture)
- Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
Optional but yummy add ons
- Chopped Red or yellow bell peppers ( optional)
- Chopped white onion ( optional)
- Cooked spinach (optional)
- Mozzarella (optional)
- Choice of carb (beans, whole grain pasta, roll or bun to make a sandwich)
- Meat such as turkey meatballs
Then literally put all ingredients on a cooking sheet minus the pasta or rolls. I slice up the egg plant first and lay it flat on the cooking sheet. I add the copped onions, peppers, spinach, and if I chose to use beans I add that on. Next I drizzle olive oil on the ingredients, add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, sprinkle with Italian seasoning and parmesan. Then you cook it in the oven for 20- 25 minutes.
Super simple, and lasts several days which makes it perfect for meal prepping. Plus all of the VEGGIE GOODNESS. Fuel and continue to ove yourself. Let me know what you think, if you added anything to it, or if there is another recipe you love for meal prepping that I should try!