February 9th, 2020
Today we celebrate the second most loved food in all of the United States: PIZZA!! In honor of today I made Calzones for dinner! I know it is not a traditional pizza, but I enjoy making them more than a regular pizza! So here is my recipe:
- 2- Thin Crust Pizza Dough tubes (I used Pillsbury)
- 1- bag Pepperoni Slices
- 1- bottle Squeezable Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Additional Toppings: (Optional) Mushrooms, Peppers, Sausage, Bacon, etc; chopped small
- Italian Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a large sheet pan with foil and spray with olive oil. Set aside.
- Unwrap one tube of pizza crust and divide in half. Unroll each half and lie flat on the sheet pan. Fill one half of the pizza crust with pizza sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni and additional toppings(optional) making sure to leave a 1/4 edge around toppings. Fold over unfilled side and use a fork to crimp edges.
- Repeat with remaining pizza dough until all are filled and closed securely around edges. Melt butter in microwave for 30 seconds and stir in garlic powder. Brush garlic butter over the tops of the calzones and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown! Enjoy!