I remember when I first tried zoodles to be healthy rather than eating pasta (which is actually a ridiculous concept if you think about it because zucchini is NOT and NEVER WILL BE the same as delicious carb filled pasta) and thought to myself eh, that was okay. But it is definitely not the same as pasta. The problem was, I wanted pasta but made the healthier choice of eating zoodles, which left me unsatisfied.
After that point, I decided to only eat zoodles when I wascraving zoodles, because in reality I do love zucchini, but zucchini will never be pasta when I am craving pasta. You can make zoodles with a lot of things, but my personal favorite is shrimp. So here is an easy lemon garlic shrimp zoodle recipe.
Recipe #25 Shrimp Zoodles
- 1 pound raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons softened butter, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock (or white wine)
- Hot sauce of your choice, to taste (I used Sriracha)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and trim the ends of the zucchini. Make the zucchini pasta using a spiralizer or julienne peeler and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp in one layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook shrimp for one minute without stirring, so the bottom of the shrimp gets slightly browned.
- Add the chopped garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes and then stir the shrimp for another minute or two to cook shrimp on the other side. Transfer the grilled shrimp to a shallow plate.
- In the same pan, add the remaining butter, lemon juice, chicken or vegetable stock (or white wine), and hot sauce in the pan. Bring the sauce to a simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Stir in the zucchini noodles and cook until done, about 2 minutes, stirring regularly. Allow the sauce to reduce a bit if its too watery. Add the grilled shrimp back to the pan and stir for another minute.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!